« Previous | Ain't too proud to blog | mail it | Next »
And that's the way it was
Last year I ripped off Mena's idea for a yearly "top 10 - best of". But last year I had 745 entries to choose from. This year, I had 1855. So the "top 10" is actually being bumped up to a "top 25" for 2002 instead. One to grow on...plus fourteen...
25. Getting to see Weezer in concert. Because it wouldn't really be my blog if I didn't plug Rivers Cuomo, now would it?
24. Becoming the #1 Robyn in Google. I finally dethroned Robyn Hitchcock, a musician I love. And there was much rejoicing.
23. I rarely discuss politics here. This time, I did.
22. I caused way too many people to quote this episode that week.
21. Hard to believe the Olympics were less than a year ago, huh?
20. Accepting the inevitable -- I can't be a mother. Not right now anyway.
19. A quick breakdown of the differences between The Queen™ and The Princess™.
18. The man I love turned 30 this year.
17. Yes, I love Grease 2 -- and I'm not ashamed to admit it! So there.
16. The Crimson Pride. What "Sooner Magic" means to me.
15. I's had all's I can stands, and I's can't stands no more.
14. And you just thought I was strange before now...a list of my food neuroses.
13. When people I love are under attack, I go out on the attack.
12. A recent entry about the so-called glamorous life of a disabled person.
11. They're not fat. They're festively plump.
10. Cat got your tongue? Don't be shy! Speak up and say "hi"...
9. Watch out! Hell yeaaaaaaahhhh.
8. Dear daddy, I write you in spite of years of silence.
7. Feed my wife, please!
6. The annual texass bitchslap. Why? Because we're better than you.
5. I'm not handicapped. I'm handi-capable!
4. And we laughed at the world... They can have their diamonds -- and we'll have our pearls. I kissed a girl.
3. Sometimes blogging really is the best form of therapy available.
2. My first blogiversary -- blogaritas for everyone!
And my number one blog entry for 2002*...
1. A little story about what makes my life worth living.
* Write-in votes are accepted. Thanks for another great year everyone! -Robyn
Hey boy take a look at me...let me dirty up your mind...
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who won't drink milk after it's a few days old. I have that problem with any dairy product (except cheese)... no yogurt, no milk, etc if it's more than a few days old :)
my favorite entry was definitely the story about you and Todd :)¤ ¤ credit: theresa | 12.27.02 at 12:51 AM | link--this ¤ ¤
All hail the Princess of the Blogiverse!
Um, I forgot to ask your S.O. if that title gives you a big head... Ah, so what if it does! Screw 'im!! Bwahahaha! (I so need to go to bed...)
I've only been around since March, but thank you for (almost) a year of faboo posts!¤ ¤ credit: Solonor | 12.27.02 at 12:53 AM | link--this ¤ ¤
Tee hee Solonor -- but of course!
Now c'mon everyone, I expect you all to do yearly countdowns at your own blogs and link/trackback here. It's a great way for people who are new to your blog to play catch-up. Besides, everyone knows you have to beg for Grey Poupon...¤ ¤ credit: robyn | 12.27.02 at 12:57 AM | link--this ¤ ¤
Robyn-you absolutely rock...I am what has been called a "Handicapped Parking Space Nazi". Now before I get bitchslapped by anyone I am also in an electric wheelchair. However I don't attack/threaten people...I nicely ask if they have a pass, because quite honestly, too many people do abuse the spaces. Example: I just joined our JCC (Jewish Community Center) for its workout facilities (actually I'm Baptist but it's not an issue for me-good price for good facilities). All the little old Russian ladies (who don't have a H-pass) park not only in the Handicapped spots but in the lined areas next to them where I would drop my ramp...and claim they don't understand...THAT I have a big-time issue with.
Pete, we'd get along fabulously! And by the way, my last "real" job was for the Jewish Educational and Vocational Services (and I was raised Southern Baptist). I was the only one there with an Irish last name! ;-)¤ ¤ credit: robyn | 12.27.02 at 01:23 AM | link--this ¤ ¤
I live with a woman who's a very picky eater--there's a whole list of things she won't touch with a 10 foot pole. It's a constant source of amazement for me. I didn't grow up dirt poor, but close to it, and as part of a harsh Presbyterian upbringing, I was taught not to complain about what was for dinner. The upshot is that, later in life when the family was doing better, I could enjoy sushi or Ethiopian or whatever weird ethnic food cropped up in the city. The only food I'll refuse to eat is something that's rotten or way past its prime. Milk a week past its expiration date doesn't faze me, but I wouldn't eat moldy bread or greenish meat. I do have some standards...
A short list of bizarre things I've been offered and readily consumed in my travels:
• live ants (taste like lemon drops)
I could go on, but you get the drift. What was born out of staunch Calvinist thriftiness became an adaptable palate. :)
I have to say that my #1 was yours as well. :) That was the cutest post and I still have it in my bookmarks!¤ ¤ credit: Simply Sara | 12.27.02 at 10:44 AM | link--this ¤ ¤
An Irish in a Jewish-oriented workplace...well can't be worse then a Swede in the same :)
I may have to adopt your puppy-she's adorable! Those big brown eyes!!! Something tells me the puppy is spoiled rotten :)¤ ¤ credit: Pete B | 12.27.02 at 02:59 PM | link--this ¤ ¤
God, you are lame. If those were the highlights of your year, you fucking better get out more. You're fucking hideous looking too. You look like Kirsten Dunst with 30 extra pounds and an ass-whooping from the ugly tree. Grow up, loser.¤ ¤ credit: Fuckerpants | 12.28.02 at 03:06 AM | link--this ¤ ¤
Thank you -- thank you for playing Fuckerpants! The 10 o'clock show is the same as the 3 o'clock folks. Don't forget to tip your hostess!
¤ ¤ credit: robyn | 12.28.02 at 03:34 AM | link--this ¤ ¤
Let me see if I can speak this person's native tongue:
LOLLLOLLERZ Fukcerpnats u r so OWNED. LAH-HOO-SER.¤ ¤ credit: Andrea Harris | 12.28.02 at 04:22 AM | link--this ¤ ¤
Fuckerpants is just pissed because he/she does not have any highlights of their year worth mentioning. That's what happens when you have your head up your ass.¤ ¤ credit: Troy | 12.28.02 at 08:05 AM | link--this ¤ ¤
You know, I always wondered what good it does humanity to leave a comment like the eloquent Mr. Fuckerpants left earlier this morning. I mean, seriously, what good does it do to go to someone's blog that you don't even know and trash them? Does it help your self esteem? Just checking.¤ ¤ credit: Dawn G. | 12.28.02 at 09:35 AM | link--this ¤ ¤
ouuuuuuuuuuuuu I just wanna be like fuckerpants when I grow up...........yeah friggin right!!!!¤ ¤ credit: Zander | 12.28.02 at 10:11 AM | link--this ¤ ¤
hey, you do look kinda like kirsten dunst. i never noticed that before. probably because she annoys the hell out of me, and you don't. but she's definitely beautiful.¤ ¤ credit: tanya | 12.28.02 at 10:12 AM | link--this ¤ ¤
URLs that have pinged me for this entry:
All old ping links have been removed from this blog. Die spammers, die!
Hey pretty, don't you wanna take a ride with me through my world?
Psssssst...pass it on!